The program for the annual NASIG (North American Serials Interest Group) conference (St. Louis, June 2-5) is available on the conference website. Below is an extract of an e-mail with further details.
Columnist, Information Today and Conference Circuit Blog Editor
For the past 25 years, the NASIG Annual Conference has been essential in helping librarians keep up to date with current trends and strategies for the future, practical methods for greater efficiencies in their libraries, and invaluable networking with colleagues and vendors from across the industry. For its 26th conference, NASIG is committed to giving you yet another outstanding experience.
Early Bird registration is open from now until May 5. Register by 5 p.m. Eastern on May 5, 2011 and be entered into a drawing for $100! Register for the conference at http://www.nasig.org/conference_registration.cfm. Hotel reservations information is at
http://www.nasig.org/conference_hotel.cfm. If registering more than one guest, please follow the instructions on the website.
We promise you:
- Vision speakers Adam Bly and Paul Duguid, who will cover the current and future directions, design, and dissemination of scientific information, and what the historical context of the supply chain for books and journals might teach us about the present digital transformation of scholarship.
- Strategy Sessions that give you the current trends in the profession and real-world strategies that can take your organization into the future.
- Tactics Sessions where you learn from speakers sharing valuable expertise that gives you practical applications for a better work flow today, and the knowledge to take you confidently into tomorrow.
Three pre-conferences on June 1st – 2nd
- Serials and RDA: an Ongoing Relationship
- Accounting Techniques for Acquisition Librarians
- Who Ya Gonna Call? Troubleshooting Strategies for E-resources Access Problems
Social and Networking Opportunities
- Conference reception at the City Museum (http://www.citymuseum.org/home.asp), Thursday, June 2.
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs, Friday, June 3.