We know that for some of you, it won’t be possible to attend the Online Information show in London this year.
Out of our sense of economic prudence, we ourselves are bringing a smaller crew across the pond. Regrettably, the man who has served both as anchor and pivot for this blog the last few years, drew the short stick. Columnist Don Hawkins, who has provided so much in-depth reporting and has made so many other creative contributions to this blog, will, unfortunately, not be with us. We will miss him!
Reporting from the convention floor and conference halls in London this year will be:
- Barb Brynko, Editor-in-Chief, Information Today newspaper & Editorial Director, InfoPro Pubs
- Marydee Ojala, Editor, ONLINE Magazine, and Conference Chair, Internet Librarian International
- Kat Allen, ITI’s newest staffer, who previously managed the London Online Information show and is now heading up our UK operations for Streaming Media Europe (conference and magazine)
- Jim Ashling, our European correspondent for Information Today, who will be making a cameo appearance or two
Wearing my hat as Executive Editor of Computers in Libraries magazine, I plan to use the blog as a collaborative platform. Please join me in helping write a story for the next issue.
From the States, we’ll be backed-up, as usual, by:
- Paula Hane, ITI News Bureau Chief and Editor, ITI NewsBreaks
- Michelle Manafy, Editor, EContent Magazine and Editorial Director, Enterprise Group
. . . and others from our crew who may wish to join in.
For those of you in the States, have a Happy Thanksgiving. For those abroad, please feel free to feast along with us this Thursday. We’ll be reporting from London starting next Monday.