Jim McGinty receiving the Miles Conrad Memorial Lecture Award from NFAIS President Linda Sacks (Thomson Scientific, VP, Business Strategy). Photo by Don Hawkins.
In his lecture, McGinty identified several factors that his survey showed mattered most to librarians in their dealings with representatives from vendor companies. See if you agree.
1. Vendors who can explain their company’s products
2. Flexibility in scheduling time with the library staff
3. Understanding of the library environment
4. Understanding how the product fits into the library operations and organization
5. Technical understanding and help with deployment
ITI V.P., Content